Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dealing with structure (when used to non-structure),,,

I am referring to life. Life organization, planning, having a goal, dreams, routines, customs, rules, ete. I like to think my life is ordinary. I wake up, go to work, go home, eat, watch TV, move to the computer, move to the bed, and read, then sleep, and then wash, rinse and repeat. However this has led to me having some issues with control. I like having things in order. I like time schedules, and clocks and notes and lists and other pseudo-psychotic ticks. You want to know what happens when things change that I can't affect? Boom.

I am lost, I help helpless, and weak, and oh God, are those paper clippings on your desk? A tidy workspace is a haven for productivity. *cleanliness is next to Godliness*.

Of course I am kidding. I suck at structure. Someone actually has to hold me to a routine at work for me to do it. Double standards such as making independent decisions versus "you-better-check-with-someone", are tearing me apart.

And yesterday we introduced a completely new system. Great. I'm not going to panic. Sigh.

HOW CAN YOU CAUSE SUCH DISARRAYMENT AND THEN LOOK THE OTHER WAY?!

WHY WON'T YOU TAKE SUGGESTIONS?!

*heavy breathing*

Okay. I'm fine. But responsibility on the workplace is important. I'm just not up there enough yet to be able to call someone out on it. I was clean out insulted today, because they didn't think I had the knowledge to be on our new systems, because I've only worked there for about 5 months, which was completely uncalled for, just because management thought I'd pick it up faster than someone who has been wokring on the same basics and resisted change for years on end. Ha to you, but I also hope you get over it soon.

As usual, I am more two-sided to a story than a 4 year old.

Well, no more talk about work tonight. I'm working on my plot for NaNo this year, so better get back to that. I'll probably make an update on it on Friday!

By Yours Truly,
ETBlogsHome 2013-10-02

No comments:

Post a Comment