Friday, October 18, 2013

So life rant.

Time to loosen up the joints and get back to writing. November is approaching faster than ever and my typing is going to crap,,, Spelling, speed and everything there is. Basically, I feel incomplete. And I need to rant.

I am not old. I am not at risk of reaching a point in life where it is too late to change totally. But, after a few hours alone in my room I am having an existential crisis. Here's the deal right now. The show-down. The whole picture.

I am approaching 20. That's not necessarily old. But in five years I'll be 25 and five years after that 30. Holy crap, by then it is too late. I have to have my life together by then. Being raised by divorced parents I need to have a family, stability and yes, I need children by then. I also don't want to rush such a thing with someone I don't know.

So: I need to know the person for like 6 months before you can say that you are a couple. Then the next step is cohabitation. That is at LEAST one whole year of dating. After that comes engagement, and I think you should live together for at least a year before you go into that just to be sure of what you are getting into. After that step is definitely children. God darn that topic. You can be as torn as you want about it right now, but you sure son't want to be the old mom later on, so after engagement I say 6 months to a year before you could be expecting. Then when the child is a toddler, maybe 6 years old, marriage. That is my plan. It gives you time to start a career and get a steady job before anything else. And let's be honest, you don't want to be fat or ugly in wedding photos. So you should definitely be like 30 when that happens.

Counting backwards, that means;

29; marriage
23; child
22; engagement
21; cohabitation
20; dating
19; introduction

That's it. That is all. I fully understand how unrealistic it is that things follow this meticulous plan, but come on! Can't things just go the way you plan for once? Why shouldn't they?

It scares me, I will willingly say so. That means I should be meeting the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, right now. Holy cow... I do have a boyfriend, but I am nearly 100 percent sure it is frowned upon to say stuff such as "So hey, before I turn 24 I want a baby. And just so you know, I expect a proposal before then! Yea. So no. Probably going to die alone. Rant over for now.

By Yours Truly,
ETBlogsHome

No comments:

Post a Comment