Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NaNo2013 Day 6 Wrap-up - Don't worry

I am still alive.

Today I cannot help but be in a split mindset. I have been pouring my heart and mind into my novel these last days. Today I had a day off and spent every minute writing at the library. Reached 12,000 words, which is great because I will definitely fall behind this weekend when me and the boyfriend are going away. Not actually leaving my computer behind but to be honest I don't want him sitting right next to me on the train when I am writing.

So there is what I want to talk about today. Are you secretive about your NaNoWriMo participation? I know my mother would not understand why I am doing it and won't let me put time off for it, so is anyone in the same situation? The only person that I have told of my participation is my boyfriend.

To be honest I don't think I am ready to have people read my first draft. Or ask all the questions about it.

What's it about?
Do you think you can really write 50,000 words in a month?
Who are you writing about?
Can I read it now?
Can I read it when you're done?

I have no idea what it is about yet. I mean I know, but I can't formulate it until I am done. Or close.

To be scared of someone picking on something that you devout so much time and effort in is natural. That is the point of this post. What you write is worth writing. Once you have written it, you get to self critique it, but don't worry too much. Don't try to compare your first draft to finished works by published artists! They have revised that piece so many times, and had it checked by editors over and over!

That one scene that you think is too short? Add to it! Go with your gut, and don't think back too much.

That character that is a bastard to everyone? You can decide when he goes away. This is your own novel!


I've decided to share some of my motivation-tips tomorrow, so hang in there for that if nothing else. Today's goal (6th) is 10,000 words. That is one fifth of your novel. If not today, then do it tomorrow. Prioritize differently then. Split the time with watching television. Welcome back tomorrow, good night NaNo:s!

By Yours Truly,
ETBlogsHome 2013-11-06

No comments:

Post a Comment