Wednesday, July 3, 2013

As D day is approaching,,,

I can't help but wonder what it all is going to mean.

Now you see, I am an International Baccalaureate (not sure if former yet) student who was in the May 2013 exam session. That means, that during two weeks of exams, basically my whole grades for every subject were determined. Yea, sucks, I know. So we are LITERALLY the ONLY high school graduates in Sweden  who do not know if they passed yet.

Jesus Christ, my nerves are killing me. I just went on an all-out rampage trying to locate my log in information to even access this life-determining thing. I found them, thank you very much for wondering!

So what's in my future? I have NO clue.

Basically I need to score REALLY well all-in-all to get into the universities that I applied to. I need to get at least a 31/42... And that's not even my first pick, where I estimate I'll need a 36!

So, if I get a 36 or above: UNI in Lund. Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology. Great, I love this option.

And if I get between a 31 and 35: Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering in BorĂ¥s. Idk, I can live with it, but would much rather do something else.

Below 31: .... This is considered a massive failure. 24 is passing dang it. I know I can do better! IF this happens, I will spend a year studying Physics, because then I can apply to dentistry maybe or other courses in Sweden.

The thing is, what I didn't know when I picked IB, is that since we can only select two out of Bio, Chem, and Phys, we are not eligible for ANY formal university program in Sweden. Just wonderful. I have to study physics for a year, even though it might not be any part in the program I am interested in.

My biggest wish though, is to get to continue working at IKEA for another year or so. I know, you risk getting all comfy in earning money, but if I get an extended contract, I can study physics, (retake Maths or Chem if needed) and even try applying to the US and the UK! God, I hope this happens, and if not, I'm going to try to get a job at another sector in IKEA.

There you have it. My die hard plan, structured by yours truly.

//ETBlogsHome 2013-07-03

No comments:

Post a Comment