Saturday, July 13, 2013

*silent sight* Here's the deal,,,

One of the hardest questions but also most interesting questions I find myself faced with in recent times is one that many others are asked everyday too. It may be asked of a friend, family, companion (thank God not animals), or anyone close enough to speak to you. It's not a personal question, but it is a private one.

It's a question I HATE to the deep depths of my so-called-soul and all the way into middle earth, hell or whatever lies beyond.

If you've been reading some of my recent posts, I have mentioned where I am in life; just after high school.

So here's the question I dread:

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

*shivers down spine* Ugh. Where do I begin. I want to be successful, have an amazing progressive career, with opportunities in many countries, have a partner, and at some point (maybe) "offspring". I will not settle with being a housewife. Mostly because of television shows such as "Desperate Housewives" and its ever-present stream of new editions.

I want to be a scientist. Now the actual question is how do I get from here, to there?

The constant "from point A to point B" approach seems to be as old fashioned as toothpaste in a jar. Whatever happened to trial and error experiments in basements that won Nobel prizes?! Oh that's right, there never was such a thing.

What I have in mind is a simple, old-fashioned approach. The educational system however has another thing in mind. First you have to compete for a place to get an education. Then once you get in, the things in university are basically the exact same things you learnt in high school. So you become in debt, and lazy, and then you are free to move on. Next step is finding a job. Oh wait, you can't get a job without five years of work experience!

Great. I love when the government and companies get to screw with my life, but touch my fluffy little clouds of dreams, and things will get messy.

*sight* Now what? Complaining certainly won't get you anywhere! Better get back to bending over backwards to please the system.

Thought by yours truly,
ETBlogsHome 2013-07-13

No comments:

Post a Comment