Sunday, July 28, 2013

How we assure male dominance...

is disgusting, to say the least. I'm sure most people are aware of the unfairness of this concept. Hey, I mean, I'm not judging you if you aren't. So what sparked my interest in this? Mainly watching too many hours of YouTube. It IS a source of education, and don't you dare speak against that. However uncontrolled it may be, there are people with worthy opinions on there.

I'm no feminist and never will be due to my short attention span and lack of motivation to stay on one subject for more time than it takes for a squirrel to cross the road, but, I believe in it. Not the burn-all-typically-feminine-products kinda thing, but the access to information and dismembering of taboos.

I read an article on mothers breastfeeding in public. I heard about the Texas senate banning all feminine hygiene products. God knows I've heard most everything on the rape case in the United States where the boys were let off as "victims". It disgusts me that this damn country gets away with shaming women like this!

The not so newly sparked rape-culture concept has been hot on many sites such as Tumblr for months, and even years, but is now making it to the popular blogs. The users of Tumblr are mainly people between the ages of 15-25 ish, meaning that we make up a big part of the online community. The fact that there are some people that still disregard the existence of the debate, and even politicians and media broadcasters, shows pure ignorance. It's time for a change...

The taboos around sex, menstruation, breastfeeding, abortion, and the list goes on and on, are purely ridiculous. How a spokesperson dares to humiliate half of the worlds population is beyond me. The propaganda that is shoved down children's throats called "abstinence" as an only choice.. Are we too far gone to save the next generation from making the same chauvinist society we live on today? Can we change society's values when our children aren't educated in the right of all no matter the romantic attraction to another human being? *sight*

I wish we had an answer right now. As it is though, we don't.

There needs to be less biased information available through education. There needs to be a more diverse set of representatives in boards and media. Can this change today? No. Will it change tomorrow, or even in the coming years? No.

All we can do is hope that taboos are lifted, and justice can be served in the future. I, for one, can't wait for the small things to change. If we turn the pyramid of power around, and there will be no going back to personal intrusion and ignorance of the masses.

By yours truly,
ETBlogsHome 2013-07-28

No comments:

Post a Comment