Saturday, July 6, 2013

So life isn't always easy....

Today I got the results for my high school examinations and the International Baccalaureate program.

A few days back I posted a little list of options for me depending on how I scored. Where I landed in this list was "below expected" or "huge disappointment". I ended up getting a total of 29.. (and I got a three in chemistry and a two in maths.) So to say the least, I now have a whole year to look forward to keep studying the exact same thing, and hopefully score better.

The thing is, the Swedish system is somewhat changeable - I get to "transform" my points into the Swedish scoring system, and the results aren't half bad. A 29 on a scale to 42, tranforms to a 17,73 out of 20. Huh, who would have known this would all pay off? Thing is, I don't have access to courses that require Maths above C, or Chem that reqrires passing.

This means I might get into my second choice! (depending on how tough the competition for places is this year..)

I also have the option to send off the papers I did badly on to regrading. In best case scenario this could get me up one grade, so maths is screwed........ But chemistry! I could possibly pass.

So I'm going to keep my fingers crossed when the component grades come out that there is some small chance to pass.

Keep your fingers and toes crossed for yours truly,
ETBlogsHome 2013-07-06

No comments:

Post a Comment